Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:07:55 +0800 (PHT)
From:      rfa@msumain.edu.ph
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   where do i get libintl.so.5?

im on my quest to install phpnuke when i hit a serious problem.
it failed and upon looking at the error code i saw

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
*** Error code 1

so i did this:
(first i checked if it was installed by deinstalling it)
su-2.05b#cd /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig/ && make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for devel/pkgconfig
===>   pkgconfig not installed, skipping

(it wasnt installed so i went ahead and tried installing it.)

su-2.05b#cd /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig/ && make all install clean
===>  Building for pkgconfig-0.15.0_1
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig.
su-2.05b#

but it seems like all for naught.  i checked the man file for ld-elf.so.1
because that was around but i can't seem to find libint1.so.5.

Can someone tell me where to go for info or better yet what i should do
about this?

Yours,

Rommel