Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 20:56:39 +0200
From:      j@ida.interface-business.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape question

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> I'm *really* not trying to be contentious here, but I have to ask...
>
> How did you verify that the BSD device driver was not padding records
> on write?

You should have watched the output of my program when i first posted
it.  I was re-reading the records from the tape, and got the exact
amount of bytes that have been written.  If the driver (or the device)
would have padded any data, how should it have been possible to e.g.
get a 33333-byte record from the tape in return?

Besides, i basically know the BSD driver doesn't do it, from UTSLing.

--
J"org Wunsch					       Unix support engineer
joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de       http://www.interface-business.de/~j