Date:      Sat, 04 Jan 1997 02:14:27 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Brian Tao <taob@vex.net>, Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD into larget corp. environment?

> make a living hacking on FreeBSD. At any rate, Jordan , when
> am I going to get paid cause I am working my ass off on a
> new video capture driver for FreeBSD -- at any rate, you

You already get paid working as a consultant to people who need to
have video capture card support for FreeBSD, I'd assume. :-)

If you're not already listed on the new consultant's list, perhaps you
should submit something for it - I'm certain that there wouldn't be
too many others able to cite your degree of experience in the
multimedia arena.

In any case, I sort of doubt that a support organization would end up
paying for much development work of that type anyway - not because it
was cheap but because that just wouldn't be part of its core business.
The core business of a tech support organization is in documenting and
supporting the mainstream product, working more on filing off the
rough edges than in taking the technology into bold, new directions! ;-)

Besides, it probably couldn't pay your rates. :)

					Jordan