Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 1995 00:32:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some questions

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Chuck Robey wrote:

> > > The ReadMe.Doc catalog on floppy lists the DNS and Bind book at $24.00.
> > > I'm not sure whether the catalog includes the standard 20-25% discount
> > > or not.  I remember seeing you message about ReadMe.Doc, Chuck, and I've
> > > purchased a few books from them since.  It is definitely a good deal since
> > > I don't find any discounts on technical books; they're hard enough to find
> > > where I live.
> >
> > 	I bought mines from Barnes & Noble for $29.95 and they claim to have
> > given a 20% discount already.  But at $24.00, that really is a good deal.
> >
> > > Even if they do not carry the book, they will order it from the publisher
> > > and still give you their standard 20-25% discount.
> >
> > 	Do they just sell computer books since they offer really good prices.

> > > Thanks, Chuck.
> >
> > 	Thanks Dan, Chuck and Mike.
>
> I suspect we've just about beaten this to death, fellas.  They sell
> mostly dos oriented computer books, but they have been stocking more and
> more Unix books, including the full O'Reilly line.  Pretty good sized
> inventory, and they distribute a 3 1/2" disk catalog for free.  Give them
> a call.

	Okay, but atleast now the whole list knows where to buy their
books... ReadMe.Doc really owes you a big one for this...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center