Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:08:30 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Trying to get audio: xcdplayer and .WAV

I now have a seemingly healthly pcm0 in my dmesg output.

1. Trying to play a .WAV file I used:  waveplayer. IS there any
   documentation for this program? Any ideas where to look for
   documentation? # man waveplayer doesn't work. And # waveplay
   SOUND.WAV  for eg. is not pumping out sound.

2. xcdplayer &   in my .xinitrc gives an open xcdplayer control
   panel in X. But the xcdplayer panel/window says: "no disc ". I
   figured I'd try to mount the music cd as root, then see if
   xcdplayer sees a disk. But that's not correct because err.
   message: file system not recognized and not "9660" ect. Starting
   xcdplayer from the cmd line doesn't work as root I get "Device
   not configured",   as lee ( a user) I get: " permission denied".
   but starting xcdplayer in the .xinitrc seems to open it OK.

   So, I think there's a little more configuring I have to do. Any
   help appreciated.