Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:37:19 -0700
From:      Tyler Spivey <tspivey@pcdesk.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   switching from linux to freebsd

Hello. I'm interested in moving my server from linux to freeBSD, but
have several questions:
1. What is the freebsd equivalent of lvm? I'd like to resize volumes,
add/delete volumes, etc. Currently I have my linux root on LVM with ext3
as a filesystem, which I can grow/shrink when I want, if one part runs
out of space. Will a shrinkfs command be added to freebsd like growfs is
already?
2. Can Ufs handle crashes very well, or is a very long fsck needed like
the old ext2 days?

3. is the restriction of NFS-servers only mounting on partition
boundaries going to be removed in the future, if it even still exists?

Thanks,
Tyler