Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 08:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   potential inetd heap corruptor found

I finally got bit by the inetd malloc bug on a newly upgrade 3.1-STABLE
machine a couple weeks ago.  Of course, it only happened right after the
first boot and was totally unreproduceable.

I finally had some time last night to try to track down the problem.
I went after inetd and the libraries it was using with the bc-gcc and
turned up a bug in login_class() that has the potential to corrupt the
heap.

See PR bin/11687 for more information and a patch.