Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:05:21 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Michael Robinson wrote:

> Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> >No.  I went through this exercise last year, and the i7500 is the only
> >system that's actually shipping with a megapel display AFAIWATE.  The IBM
> >Thinkpad 770Z was advertised but never appears to have actually shipped
> >with the 1280x1024 display.
>
> Sometimes you can pick up pre-owned 770X on ebay, etc., with 1280x1024 display.
> I did.  It's the only computer I use now.
>
> There's just something about a fully digital megapixel+ LCD display.  Even
> high-end CRT's fail side-by-side comparison.  Analog LCD displays are a
> pale imitation.
>
> Try it, and you'll never go back.

	One thing that should be noted with the 770Z's 1280x1024 display
is that even with the 8MB Video.  At 1280x1024, it will only do 16 bit
color and not 32 bit.  This is a limitation of the LCD screen and not the
video hardware.  It will do 32bit color at 1024x768 though.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin