Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 08:26:57 +0200
From:      Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TV Users - Let me bounce this off you

A G F Keahan wrote:

> Randall Hopper wrote:
> >

> >  |And how about supporting multiple output sources?
> >
> > Do you mean multiple capture cards in one machine?  I'm not completely sure
> > I know what you mean, because doesn't bktr currently support that
> > (/dev/bktr{0,1,...}, /dev/tuner{0,1,...})?
>
> No, that's multiple input.  I think he meant sending output (video
> capture) data to more than one place -- e.g. an X11 window, a file, and
> a shared memory location.

Yes, thats what I meant.
The idea behind it is, that you can have an application (f.i. a
video editing program), that processes the video data while it
can show it at the same time in it's GUI.

And while we are at it. I had a look into broadcast2000. I personally
don't need such a programm, but it would be A Nice Thing To Have [tm]
on FreeBSD.
I thought, it would be "only" porting the V4L stuff to bktr, but it
looks, like we have some problems with pthreats. Or Linux is doing
some special, undocumented things, which the author is using.
Did someone else have a look into porting this beast?

--
Tom