Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:00:19 +0100
From:      "Christopher J. Ruwe" <cjr@cruwe.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   geli problems after installkernel & installworld

--Sig_/xUWri8O063jwbqEtcgFEIOs

I use a mostly geli encrypted hd on my Thinkpad R500,
with /compat, /usr, /tmp and /var all on the encrypted geli provider.

After an upgrade of kernel and world (STABLE), I experience a weird
issue: While booting, I am asked for the geli passphrase as usual.
Completing password authentication for geli returns a success message,

cryptosoft0: <software crypto> on motherboard
GEOM_ELI: Device ada0p3.eli created.
GEOM_ELI: Encryption: AES-CBC 256
GEOM_ELI:     Crypto: software

however, the zpool on geli is unavailable.

Logging in a root, I can attach the geli provider manually as geli
itself should do from /etc/rc.conf. After a successful zfs mount -a, I
can resume as usual after manually starting the /usr/local/rc.d
services.=20

Neither have I noticed a change in the device names nor any unusual
messages from dmesg. Currently, I am doing a new compile run on world
and kernel to attempt anew tomorrow.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards,
--=20