Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:59:20 -0400
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp(8), mpd, or something else for PPP over Ethernet?

Which do people think is best at making a PPP over Ethernet client out
of a FreeBSD 4.5 box?  I'm currently using ppp(8) per an example that
came with it, but I'm getting unexplained dropouts in a Speak Freely
link (UDP based), and when my system starts, my firewall configuration
experiences a few bumps which I think are caused by chicken-egg types
of issues.  I've long used mpd for a VPN connection between FreeBSD
boxen and thought I could add a config to it for this PPPoE (DSL)
link...

I'm not aware of alternatives outside of ppp and mpd, but if someone
wants to make a case for one, I'll listen.

Thanks much.

--
Doug Lee           dgl@visi.com        http://www.visi.com/~dgl
Bartimaeus Group   doug@bartsite.com   http://www.bartsite.com