Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 1995 07:00:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI channel hangs?

Has anyone seen these?

I have a 2742 (twinchannel EISA) adapter and also run 1742As.  I've seen
this problem with both, where the system starts printing on the console
"disk xxx not responding to selection" and then panics after a few minutes
and restarts (presumably because one or more critical pages is on the swap
partition and can't be gotten).

The problem does not appear to be load related; I have seen this on an
*idle* system!  The disk subsystem and adapter is known good; I used to run
BSDI on this same machine without problems.

Ideas?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
Modem: [+1 312 248-0900]     | (shell, PPP, SLIP, leased) in Chicagoland
Voice: [+1 312 248-8649]     | 7 Chicagoland POPs, ISDN, 28.8, much more
Fax: [+1 312 248-9865]       | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net
ISDN - Get it here TODAY!    | Home of Chicago's only FULL AP Clarinet feed!