Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 05:07:47 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Eugeny Kuzakov <kev@lab321.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fbsd2.2.2&gcc&KDE

> Dear Sirs !
>
> I am trying to compile KDE(latest verision) on FreeBSD 2.2.2 box.

This is actually a message which should go to questions@freebsd.org,
but since it's dealing with a moderately interesting topic I guess
we'll let you live.  This time. :)

> I have some troubles with compile kghostview.cpp, because g++ hangs...
> Can you help me ?

Not really - I just went and grabbed the latest KDE stuff, having
meant to try it eventually anyway, and while the kdesupport and kdelib
stuff compiled just fine, the ghostview app compile _fell over_ rather
than causing any kind of hang here:

Making app in kghostview
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/a/jkh/KDE/kdeapps/kghostview'
c++ -O2 -Wall -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/qt -I/usr/local/kde/include -I. -I.. -I../kfm/libkfm -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c kghostview.cpp
kghostview.cpp: In method `class QString KGhostview::print_file(class QString, int)':
kghostview.cpp:1426: parse error before `('
kghostview.cpp:1426: parse error before `,'
kghostview.cpp:1422: warning: unused variable `struct __sFILE * tmpfile'
kghostview.cpp:1431: passing `__sFILE * (*)()' as argument 1 of `fclose(__sFILE *)'
kghostview.cpp:1434: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

So I have to conclude that this software, which declares itself very
very early alpha and not guaranteed to actually do anything at all, is
probably breaking on some stdio incompatibility here. ;)

In any case, why not just comment this one app out of the Makefile and
continue?  Everything else seems to build just fine, and it all just
comes up and works once you set your KDEFOO variables properly.

					Jordan