Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:23:29 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        bugbusters@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Gnats upgraded on freefall

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 04:06:15PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Gnats has now been upgraded on freefall (thanks, Mark!).  The most
> noticeable improvement is edit-pr now consistently uses $EDITOR
> instead of /bin/cat and "Ctrl-D to end".
>
> I have also been given access to the gnats account (thanks again,
> Mark!), so I will now be able to repair corrupt PRs - there are quite
> a few, most of them from 1996, as well as improve the statistics and
> summary scripts etc.

Could it be that it doesn't now ask the "Why the responsible person
changed?" question?  I was editing the PR today, and changed both
status and responsible.  edit-pr(1) then opened $EDITOR window to
learn the reason of the status change, then asked a confusing "Do
you want to reuse the last message?" question to which I answered
`y', it then opened $EDITOR with the same message again and I just
pressed "ZZ".  The result was (as you have probably guessed already)
the duplicated reason for responsible change.  (I've repaired the
damage in the PR.)

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,