Date:      Mon, 21 May 2007 17:55:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        Patrick Baldwin <Patrick.Baldwin@studsvikscandpower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [freebsd-questions] Can't build php5?

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Patrick Baldwin wrote:

> Hi, I'm in the process of trying to build a Horde/IMP server.  I started by
> freshly installing & updating 6.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD.  I then installed IMP
> package with pkg_add -r imp.  All seemed to go well.  I
> then started working my way through configuring the various newly installed
> things.
>
> From:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-apache.html
>
> I added:
>
> LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache/libphp5.so
>
> AddModule mod_php5.c
>    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>        DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
>    </IfModule>
>    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>        AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>    </IfModule>
>
> To my /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf file.
>
> When I tried to restart Apache, I get:
> apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so into server: Cannot open
> "/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so"
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>

> And sure enough, it's not there.  I go to /usr/ports/lang/php5,
> Run make config install, telling it to build Apache module, and
> I get:
>
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> ===>  Found saved configuration for php5-5.2.2
> => suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz doesn't seem to exist in
> /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> => Attempting to fetch from http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/_media/.
> fetch:
> http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/_media/suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz:
> Connection refused
> => Attempting to fetch from
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
> fetch:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> => port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
>

> My goal here is to get a working FreeBSD 6.2 Horde/IMP server.  I'm new
> to all these things, so if I'm going about this the hard or the stupid
> way, please don't hesitate to tell me.  It seemed like the easiest and
> fastest way to get a working install would be to install the package,
> but maybe I'm wrong.

Build pgp5 from the ports. It does not take very long. I think, but am not sure,
the problem is missing packages from the mirrors. In any case build php from
source first will solve this. Make sure that your ports collection is
up-to-date. If you want to go the package route, probably horde needs to be
installed first and it will pull whatt it needs. With a server I would build
from source.