Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:52:03 +0200
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [zfs] need help with a bug (PR 156781)

On 11 juin 2012, at 06:29, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On 11/06/2012 00:36, Mark Felder wrote:
>> FreeBSD 8.1 and 8.2 are actually quite old these days. I don't think
>> this bug is reproducible on 8.3 or 9.0. Can you upgrade and report =
back?
>=20
> I'm seeing exactly this on stable/9.  Seems to be triggered by doing
> certain IO patterns -- so csup of the ports cvs repo and subsequent
> checkout will cause the effect, but direct csup of the ports tree =
doesn't.

Ok, I'm not exactly relieved the bug hits also 9.0, but it's good news I =
won't have to plan a remote upgrade of FreeBSD and ZFS over ssh. I =
master the process, having done FreeBSD upgrades over ssh since 5.x =
(either sources and binary way), but the less I do it, the better I =
feel.

> This is using a zpool created under 8.0-RELEASE and subsequently
> updated.

mine have been created under 8.1 and 8.2 respectively, as far as I =
remember (btw, is there any way to list the change history of a system, =
other than keeping manual trace of every updates/upgrades?).

regards,
patpro