Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:45:39 +0100
From:      Hans de Hartog <j.dehartog@chello.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   mergemaster problem and apache+ssl problem

I'm not a newbie but it's the first time I tried to keep stable by
cvsup (today), make buildworld (no problems), make buildkernel (OK),
reboot (yes, being a good boy I was single user), make installworld
(Ok, but didn't read all the messages :-) and then mergemaster died with

install -c -o root -g wheel -m 644 freebsd.cf
/var/tmp/temproot/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
install: freebsd.cf: No such file or directory
*** Error 71

So I rebooted and was prepared to manually upgrade my whole /etc from
/var/tmp/temproot/etc. Then I noticed that lots of other things where
missing there that are in my original /etc (from the 4.2 RELEASE CD,
everything dated november 20). My fault? Just curious.

What's worse: after reboot, my webserver (apache+mod_ssl-1.3.14+2.7.1_1)
did not start anymore because of:

Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so: Undefined symbol
"sk_X509_NAME_value"

Is this related to the mergemaster-problem or do I have another problem?
Everything else seems to be running ok. Thanks for your time.

Hans de Hartog