Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2016 08:14:45 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Arnab Bhowmick <arnabbhowmick08@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD is not detecting

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:50:46 +0530, Arnab Bhowmick wrote:
> I am using kde on freebsd 10.3 . I have to create an .iso image of a linux
> distro but when I am insurting blank dvd k3b image burning tool is not
> detecting that dvd but the dvd is showing in kde panel. How to solve this?

Does this imply you're not able to (create and) burn the image with K3B?
Does K3B report "no media" errors?

In worst case, why not use the "growisofs" command and burn the existing
image to the DVD, just to check if it works?

	% growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=imagefile.iso

where /dev/dvd is the device file of the DVD recorder (could be /dev/cd0
as well, check "dmesg" output), and imagefile.iso is the name of the ISO
image you already have.

To use this command, the package "dvd+rw-tools" needs to be installed. If
I remember correctly, K3B also requires this, so it should already be there.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany