Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:34:08 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heimdal or MIT for kerberos?

I'm very pleased with heimdal 1.1. I compile it from sources. No big
problem. Compile on one machine and copy the file structure to the other
at the same OS level. Then using openssh-gssapi-overwrite-base-5.0.p1,1
with the KRB5_HOME flag set to the directory of heimdal. Same thing
there, compile and make a package on one machine. The KDC's run FreeBSD
7 and the same release of heimdal as the others.