Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:38:59 +0100
From:      Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
To:        Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFT] Intel 3945abg wireless driver (wpi)

Vince wrote:
> Benjamin Close wrote:
> Thanks for getting this driver going, I'm now using the version in 7.0,
> Its working very well for me other than one (reasonably minor) thing,
> which is that "ifconfig wpi0 scan" just sits there until I kill it. the
> driver works in every other way, associates, works with WEP (havent
> tried with WPA.) It will find and associate with a network if I just put
> in "ifconfig wpi0 up" or if i use wpa_supplicant.

I've had the same problem with ipw0 until my thinkpad burst into flames. A
workaround is something like this:
# ifconfig wpi0 up && sleep 3 && ifconfig wpi0 list scan

On a sidenote, with RELENG_7 WPA finally started working for ipw on my system
(which so shortly after the transition burst into flames).