Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 23:11:55 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        "James E. Marker" <jemstone@triplet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hard Drive Mount Locations....or DPT RAID0?

"James E. Marker" writes:
>I am running FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a PentPro-200 with 64 Meg
>of RAM.
>
>Questions:
>
>1.  Can I have a hard drive mounted as /var and also mount
>     two other hard drive as /var/msg and /var/msg/alt?

yes. Just make sure that the drives are mounted in the correct order.

>2.  Or, has anyone made a DPT SmartCacheIV PM2044UW
>     with a RC4040 RAID adapter work with FreeBSD?  I asked
>     this once before, but got no responses.

there's a driver for the DPT PM3334{U,W,D} available, written by
Simon Shapiro (Shimon@i-Connect.Net). It may support more boards
now (I took the model number from the announcement in June 1997).
You could ask on the freebsd-scsi list.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de