Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 20:30:58 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Yamaha CD-R ...

Morning...

	I went splits with a friend on a CD-R awhile back, and because
FreeBSD, at that time, had no writing capabilities, we installed it on his
Win95 machine...

	Now, I'm seeing that we have stuff like cd-write and cdrecord
available, but fear our CD-R is supported...but I figured I'd just check
before I returned it, just in case its something that I haven't done.

	Basically, dmesg comes up as:

cd0 at scbus0 target 6 lun 0
cd0: <YAMAHA CRW2260 1.0f> type 5 removable SCSI 2

	Has anyone succeeded in getting that model working?  Is there
something that I have to do (enable in the kernel?) to get this to work?

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org