Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:55:45 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Cory Smelosky <b4@gewt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Emulex lp800 FibreChannel controller target mode?

Hello,

I have a few Emulex lp8000 FibreChannel cards...and i'm not finding a whole lot of useful information regarding using them with FreeBSD through some googling.

The PCI ID is 10df:f800,
1). Is this card supported by FreeBSD?  Various sources don't state it as being compatible, but I needed to make sure
2). If it IS supported, is it possible to put the card in to target mode on FreeBSD?
3). If it IS possible to put the card in target mode, how would I have it make a disk available to the other system connected to the card?

Any help appreciated.

(Apologies if this sent twice...occasionally my mail server has its way with emails)

--
Cory Smelosky