Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:55:34 +0200
From:      "Florian Hengstberger" <e0025265@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   XF86(mis)Config Keyboard

Hi!

I?m new to FreeBSD, so I tried a fully graphical
X setup but as the keyboard settings were not okay,
I copied the keyboard section from an existing
Linux XF86Config file (same system).
Neither the pipe sign nor the delete button
work! Instead of the deleting a tilde is pasted,
pressing the pipe sign takes no effect, the same is true
with all other signs (greater than, less than) of this button.
What?s wrong?

Section "Input Device"
Driver "Keyboard"
Option "Protocol" "Standard"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
Option "XkbModell" "pc105"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

My keyboard is a standard device (Vendor: Trust),
I?m working with the 5.2 release.
The funny thing about this is, that everything works fine
in the text console!

Thanks in addvance
Florian

Florian Hengstberger