Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:14:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        nate@root.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI C3 patch for atheros

In message: <41D8C5CF.4020606@root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > 0x41 isn't in the standard config space.  It ends at 0x3f.  Therefore,
: > it won't have a PCIR_ define, since it is device specific.
:
: Ah, didn't notice that.  It should have an ATH_PCIR define then.
:
: > : It looks like these config writes in ath_pci_attach() should probably be
: > : done in the PCI bus but they may be driver-specific.  The saves of
: > : config space in ath_pci_suspend/resume() are definitely suspect since we
: > : save/resume all config space now.  See sys/dev/pci/pci.c
: >
: > No, we don't.  We save only the specific portion of the config space
: > that we know something about.  We also only do the read-write portions
: > of the config space.  Drivers are required to save/restore the device
: > specific portion of pci config space.
:
: Correct, this is a device-specific config register although the others I
: pointed out (INTLINE, etc.) are standard and are covered by the PCI bus.

True.  Those are now saved/restored...  I thought you were
specifically talking about this one...

Warner