Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:56:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        bkogawa@primenet.com (Bryan K. Ogawa)
Cc:        owensc@enc.edu, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is NCI's "NC Server Suite" FreeBSD-based?

Bryan K. Ogawa said:

> Well, one of Free/Net/OpenBSD, at least, and not BSDi, and with the
> reference to FreeBSD, it'd have to be the leading candidate.

It IS NetBSD and FreeBSD based.  The choice was due to various peoples
experience (Yahoo, et.al.), licensing (non-GPL for runtime),  and portability
(for ARM -- NetBSD being very portable.)

I was pleasantly overwhelmed to see the reputation that *BSD has in the
NCI/Oracle community.

--
John
dyson@freebsd.org