Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 1998 00:30:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
Cc:        lcremean@tidalwave.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Identd problems on -current of 980724

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Jon Hamilton wrote:

> As root?  Inetd can start processes as any user, but if it worked before
> and you didn't change the configuration, it must have been set up to start
> as root.

It runs as root by default in inetd.conf unless someone changes it.
Im gonna rebuild libkvm right now and build a new kernel, reboot then
rebuild pidentd from ports. If it still doesnt work then I can say with
alot more accuracy that something is scrogged in the -current code.
Ill post my findings in a few minutes.

Chris

--
"You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.7 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security