Date:      Thu, 2 Feb 95 16:33:39 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Source Tree Ettiquite (was Re: sup:  Ok, I'm gonna do it.)

> <<On Thu, 2 Feb 95 14:22:12 MST, terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert) said:
>
> > Thus we are left with CVS + 1 snapshot, rather than CVS + 2(3) snapshots.
>
> Which is still more  disk than I have available to me for this
> purpose.

This is for the distribution site, and the site where the release
engineering is done (if different).

Programmers working on pieces of the whole only check out the parts
they are going to work on from a remotely accessed tree.

How do you handle this now?

You either have the whole tree locally or you do not.  In which case the
partial tree checkout techniques still apply.

Checking things into a source repository makes no sense unless you
expect a conflict with someone else, or expect to need to share a common
source base with someone else.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---