Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:21:08 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        John Collins <jfxcoll@crl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem help

On Mon, Jun 09, 1997 at 09:47:39AM +0000, John Collins wrote:
> hello help,
>    I just installed your freebsd 2.2.1 unix on a 486 DX 4 100 32 mgs of
> ram with a mitsumi cdrom and a sporster 28.8 modem.
>
> seyon doesn,t find my modem i cant use my ppp at crl.
> on boot  lp0 is tcp "my modem is on com 2 "  "is it supposed to be sio1"
> ive tryed working on config file ie 'phone' modem' 'ppp.config' but
> nothing.

Also man ttys and remote. When you understand and set these, do tip cuaa1b
( look at the bottom of /etc/remote ), this will connect you directly to your
modem so that you should get `at' gives OK, etc. Also read freebsd
handbook and the FAQs in /usr/share/doc.

> there are a snage on the install.
> 1)  i get a conflict on the kernal setup for the mitsumi cdrom but not
> for the sony so i install the sony and it worked fine so no big deal

Last I heard, if the Mitsumi is the propriertary interface card, the driver
is obsolete = no longer supported. You could revive it if your determined.

> p.s. i intelled Lunix 96 and seyon worked but i couldn't remount the
> cdrom unless i rebooted.

don't even know what Lunix 96 is.
btw, I never liked seyon very much, to each their own :)
--
Tom Jackson                                           I'm ProChoice->FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                       http://www.freebsd.org