Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:50:02 GMT
From:      Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/179932: [ciss] ciss i/o stall problem with HP Bl Gen8 (and HP Bl Gen7   Storage Blade)

The following reply was made to PR kern/179932; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, philipp.maechler@hostpoint.ch
Subject: Re: kern/179932: [ciss] ciss i/o stall problem with HP Bl Gen8
 (and HP Bl Gen7   Storage Blade)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:41:14 -0700

 --=-Zp0egNJM5rF8kVtzTvYn

 I have updated head a bit to handle some edge cases better.  I'll send a
 patch into this ticket for 9.1p4 for you to test.

 In the meantime, can you update your kernel configs with
 BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER or ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER so you can get a dump when
 the system stalls?  We might be able to determine what the system is
 waiting on and give us a clue to what the issue is.

 If you are able to get a system to stall with this set, break to the db>
 prompt on the serial console, and email the output of "alltrace" here so
 I can do some analysis. =20

 Sean

 --=-Zp0egNJM5rF8kVtzTvYn

 --=-Zp0egNJM5rF8kVtzTvYn--