Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:51:38 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   OS Textbook FreeBSD Appendix

Hi all!

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I recently bought Operating
System Concepts by Silberschatz, Galvin and Gagne (published by Wiley)
for my Computer Science course and the book has several appendices which
are available for download from Wiley's web site. One of these
appendices is all about FreeBSD and its internals. It's 48 pages long
and is available from

http://www.wiley.com/college/silberschatz6e/0471417432/pdf/bsd.pdf

with the other appendices available on

http://www.wiley.com/college/silberschatz6e/0471417432/student.html

I don't really know enough detail about FreeBSD to know if what they've
written is accurate or worthwhile but I thought if you guys could give
it the quick once over, then it could be linked to from somewhere on the
web site and perhaps in the Developer's Guide as well.

Thanks.

Andrew.