Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 23:04:41 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        jbarry@planetoid.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xosview-1.7.3

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 10:52:04PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Arun Sharma wrote:
> > See the patches I mailed to freebsd-hackers late last year. You need to
> > patch both the kernel and the userland. I'm a little disappointed at
> > the lack of response. I just assumed that no one is interested - but
> > the question keeps coming up on the lists.
>
> 	You'd get better results if you put it all together in a PR.

I just submitted a PR. Talking about PRs, I see more than 1000 open
PRs on the kernel alone:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=kern&severity=&priority=&class=&state=open&sort=none&text=&responsible=&multitext=&originator=

This includes a request for change regarding dynamic sysctls I submitted
back in Feb. I understand that FreeBSD is an entirely voluntary project,
So people can't be blamed for having so many open PRs. But common sense
tells me that this is not good.

I'll shut up now.

	-Arun