Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 18:22:07 +0200
From:      stephane@e2c.com (Stephane Legrand)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Database server on FreeBSD

Hi,

I have to do a proposal for a database project. Of course, i would want to
make this with FreeBSD (eventually
Linux).
The aim of this project is to connect (may be via Internet) 40 distant
sites to a central database server. All clients posts are PC with Windows.
My questions are :

        - Which database server would you recommend ? I think about
Postgres but may be there are others.

        - With this server, which type of clients would you recommend (www
browser, ODBC client developped with Delphi or Visual Basic...) ?

I think the major problem is to find a good server which can be used via
Windows clients.

The price is important because it's for an association which is involved in
helping homeless. This is why i would want to use FreeBSD (among many other
reasons). And it would be well if at least the server was free.

Thanks you very much.

Stephane Legrand.

--> http://www.lituus.fr/stephane
- To save the Internet, stop using Micro$oft softwares NOW !