Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 13:34:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To Asian FreeBSD hackers: Japanese boot.flp is now available!

> >> OK, but no big rush - we can take a couple of weeks to do 2.1.5J and
> >> do it right, yes? :-)
>
> I'm trying to port it to 2.1.5 and it will takes only one or a few
> days.  If you can wait for one or two days, will you wait for me?

Well, I'm certainly not opposed to waiting in principle, but when I
mentioned it to the WC folks they really made it clear that they were
much more interested in doing a complete Japanese FreeBSD CD, not just
putting a japanese boot.flp image on the existing one.  Wouldn't you
yourself rather work on a more complete Japanese release of FreeBSD
2.1.5R, where the user will have all the outside packaging and printed
instructions in Japanese?  It'd take only a few days for WC's Japanese
translators to do the cover text and this would give you time to
construct your boot floppy properly - when I suggested that 2.1.5J
should follow 2.1.5 by 3 or 4 weeks, I wasn't necessarily insisting
that it SHOULD take that long.  If we can release it a week after
2.1.5R goes out, that's fine too!

					Jordan