Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:49:34 -0400
From:      Mark Cornick <mcornick@ltpmail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   status of ATAPI CD-ROM support

Hello there -

I have an NEC CDR-260 IDE CD-ROM on my system. Using FreeBSD 2.1.0-release, I
was able to get this drive working occasionally and spottily. I'd like to know
if any improvements have been made to the ATAPI support for 2.1.5-release, or
the 2.2 snapshots, that might better support this drive. (Granted, I'm not
really sure about how ATAPI-compliant this drive is - it is fairly old, and at
this point I may as well just get another drive, they're cheap enough - but I
want to give it one more shot with a recent FreeBSD before I chuck it.)

Thanks
--mark

Mark S. Cornick, UNIX Systems Engineer
Hughes STX / NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Laboratory for Terrestrial Physics, Code 920.2
mcornick@ltpmail.gsfc.nasa.gov