Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:02:08 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE, FreeBSD & fish

--nextPart1869031.C5zqdyAcZt

On Monday 06 December 2004 06:37 pm, Adam Smith wrote:
> I've used Konqueror many times before to connect from abroad to my machine
> at home using fish://.

This isn't answering your question, but:

Why would you be using fish:// instead of sftp://?  Think of fish as a=20
workaround for systems where you have SSH access but there is no SFTP serve=
r=20
running.  This is not true on (even halfway recent) FreeBSD systems where=20
SFTP is enabled by default.

Anyway, if you're dead set on using it, see if you can enabled verbose logg=
ing=20
either on the client or the server.  Fish works by ssh'ing to a shell on yo=
ur=20
system and running cd, ls, cat, and so on to get directory listings and the=
=20
contents of files.  If there is a problem with one of these commands, then=
=20
there you go.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser