Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:27:38 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running Clang 3.7 on Current....

Hi,

CURRENT has recently received the upgrade to Clang 3.8.

Now I run into the problem that some of the tests with Ceph are all of a
sudden failing....
Mainly manifesting itself because of access errors thru pointers in
very complex records structs. (Which is almost always in C++ :) )
Either pointers are 0x0, or to invalid memory.

This can be attributed to a few things, some of them:
   - changes in the Ceph code
     	Which is possible since I rebased since I started using 3.8.
   - Subtle difference in corner cases, and overlaping structs get written
	wrongly.
   - A compiler bug
   - other issues ....

Ceph is run thru extensive tests while building, after which there is
another
large QA testset run by the Ceph-team in their openstack with even more and
complexer tests. So real programming "errors" would be caught in this
process.

To exclude the compiler I'd like to run a compile/build/test run with 3.7
Can I just install the ports 3.7 version without endangering my 3.8 current
installation. Then it'll just be set 'CC=clang37 C++=clang37++ make' and
see what comes of it.

Thanx,
--WjW