Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:49:41 +0800
From:      "Xin LI" <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        "'Liu Kang'" <liukang@bjpu.edu.cn>, <www@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: cvsweb service down?

No. I operate several Apache servers which does reverse proxying, and in my
knowledge this should happen when - the upstream server does RST in response
of a HTTP connection request. This is mostly caused by a failed start of
HTTP service.

I guess that the "upstream" server was restarted for some reason, and it
booted to multiuser correctly, however, for some unknown reason, the Web
service on that server did not started properly. Another possible cause
might be the service accidently or designedly shutted down.

Hope these services could be back again soon. It doesn't seem to be a
planned stop of service, maybe a hardware problem?

Cheers,
Xin LI