Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:43:57 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@BitBlocks.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Code layout and debugging time

> If you ever find and Open Source that qualifies as "heavily
> commented", let us know, and we can go take a look.

TeX.
lcc.
Many assembly language programs written before 1980?
If you consider the ratio of comment lines to code lines,
any APL program with comments would qualify :-)

Getting back to blank lines, their ratio to code lines is a
very dubious metric of code quality.  It is like evaluating
prose quality by measuring sentence length or word frequency
or number of big words used or something.  Any correlation is
bound to be a secondary effect at best.  It is quite amazing
that people get grants to measure such stupid things.