Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:24:35 -0800
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Managed makes with C/C++

I seem to recall that this was discussed a while back and it was implied
that the managed make capability of Eclipse 3.2 with the CDT plugin
wasn't working.

Actually, it seems to be working perfectly for me.  You have to remember
that Eclipse is designed for GNU and uses GNU make.  In order to build
properly with a managed make, you have to go to Project->Properties, C/C
++ Build and in the Build Settings tab change the Build command so that
is uses "gmake -k" instead of Use default command.

Perhaps a patch could be introduced that changes the default make
commands to be gmake instead of make?

Also, I would like to extend my appreciation to David Sledge for taking
up maintenance and getting 3.2 ported to FreeBSD.  Way to go David.

Cheers,
Sean