Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:42:50 -0400
From:      Charles Quarri <randy@hackerz.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Coidan_Sm=F8rgrav?= <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>, Mike Holling <myke@ees.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making a local FreeBSD distribution?

Quoting Jordan K. Hubbard (jkh@time.cdrom.com):
> It is not broken, it works just fine.  I do it every day on
> releng22.freebsd.org.  Please get your facts straight before engaging
> in unfounded speculation like this.  As the DELL folks say, there
> is something wrong here and the diagnosis is: PEBCAK

I asked about this problem several weeks ago, and I never got an
answer.  I am prefectly willing to concede that my procedures are
wrong for generating a release.  I had been following the release
generation procedures as stated in the FAQ.

I just tried to generate a local release and it errored out on
ldconfig:

+ ldconfig /usr/lib
ldconfig: WARNING! '/usr/lib' can not be used
*** Error code 255

Stop.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong.  If you need more
details, please let me know.

C. Quarri