Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 19:42:45 -0700
From:      Chris Moline <chris@theboss.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting My Cirrus Logic Modem To Work

Hi.

I have had freebsd for about two months now but I still cannot get my modem
to work. I am not sure if it is supported though from the mailing archives
it would appear that it would be.

Under windows my modem is on com4 and using irq 11. However in freebsd sio3
is never found. Debugging did say that it found a network device named lp0.
Does this refer to my modem?

I have no clue as to how to go about figuring out what's wrong. Anyone got
any ideas? I don't know what kind of info you need so if you've a question
feel free to ask at chris@theboss.net. TIA.