Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:28:21 -0600
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   chroot error: /bin/csh: No such file or directory; trying to create customized livecd/dvd

Dear folks,

I am trying to build a simple livecd to learn more.  I have
successfully run some commands found here:

http://www.secure-computing.net/wiki/index.php/FreeBSD/LiveCD

# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld DESTDIR=/usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/
# make installworld DESTDIR=/usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/
# make buildkernel DESTDIR=/usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/
# make installkernel DESTDIR=/usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/
# make distribution DESTDIR=/usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/

all these commands are successful

I mount devfs as instructed in command

# mount -t devfs devfs /path/to/livecd/dev
# chroot /path/to/livecd

tricorehome# mount -t devfs devfs /usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/
tricorehome# chroot /usr/home/olivares/tmp/tmp/R/
chroot: /bin/csh: No such file or directory

I have tried to use freesbie script(s) by installing freesbie port,
but it failed and I asked questions but got few to no responses.
I have tried to look for some scripts/SDK but not have been successful
like frenzy's to create frenzy livecd.  There are few to no FreeBSD
LiveCDs, only one that has been working and updated is the GhostBSD
one by Eric Turgeon.   I see OpenBSD has several livecds/livedvds like
jggimi, FuguITA, etc to showcase it.  NetBSD has one as well called
Jibbed.  FreeBSD has specialized ones like PfSense, Monowall, FreeNAS,
Mahesha, and GhostBSD.  Frenzy was apparently going to be maintained
but no newer releases.  I have gotten feedback as to there exist
mfsBSD by Martin Matruska, http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/, and druidbsd,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/druidbsd/, but cannot do much with
them :(

I try to get my feet wet, but I get error and can't seem to get around it :(

Any thoughts, ideas, comments, observations?
I just want to create a livecd/livedvd with customized packages to
take my desktop everywhere, I have tried several *BSD livecds out
there, they are good, but I want to have the packages that I use and
more newer than FreeSBIE 2.0, and roFreeSBIE 1.3.

I have seen linux-live scripts [http://www.linux-live.org/] by Tomas
M, and wonder if there exist such a utility in the *BSDs, a universal
script to create a livecd/livedvd of a running BSD ? if there is not
any utility, how can I get around the error about /bin/csh, if it is
apparently there:

tricorehome# which csh
/bin/csh

so I can chroot to it and add packages/ports to customize the
livecd/dvd I want to create?

Regards,

Antonio