Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:49:41 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low

In message <19981124114207.M63366@freebie.lemis.com>, Greg Lehey wrote:
} On Monday, 23 November 1998 at 20:13:47 -0500, Julian A. Zottl wrote:
} > Thanks for the quick reply!  If I can help you out in any way, please let
} > me know!  The configuration for the machine is as follows:
} > P90
} > 48MB RAM
} > 64MB Swap
} > 2940UW
} > FreeBSD 3.0 RELEASE
} > Runs apache web server and standard daemons, nothing special :)  I
} > have been giving inetd HUPs when this happens, but sometimes a full
} > reboot is in need.  Thanks for any help that you can give!
}
} Well, I've just sent SIGTERMS to inetd and then started it again:
}
}   ps aux | grep inetd
}   kill <pid>
}   inetd

Somewhat off the main point, but inetd does store its PID in /var/run;
you could kill `cat /var/run/inetd.pid` and if you're like me, save yourself
mis-parsing your ps output and trying to kill a long-gone grep :)

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com