Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2014 22:36:43 -0600
From:      Chris Watson <bsdunix44@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec and racoon issue...

So I have been running a stable ipsec tunnel between my MacBook Pro and a
FreeBSD 10-stable server, I just rebuilt world today and raccoon has become
pissy and refuses to start, and as usual with ipsec, debugging it is like
winning gold in the pain olympics. So here's the issue, my working config
has not changed at all. I'm simply running a new FreeBSD 10-stable r276472
world + kernel. I have looked all over at UPDATING, source commits to
stable, google, etc and I can't figure this error out.

Anytime I try to start racoon it looks like it starts but it doesn't. The
only error I can get is to run it with "racoon -F -ddd -f
/usr/local/etc/racoon/racoon.conf", and I get the following

"ERROR: libipsec failed pfkey open (Address family not supported by
protocol family)
racoon: failed to initialize pfkey socket"

Doing a "setkey -F" produces "pfkey_open: Address family not supported by
protocol family"

I saw that ae made some commits to stable during december that touched
ipsec but they looked benign.

Has anyone seen this before? Pointers? A general direction for a clue?

Chris