Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:04:07 +1000
From:      Paul Koch <paul.koch@akips.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   10.1 RC3 mmap NO_SYNC regression looks good

I must have missed any mention this being fixed in RC3, but see vm_fault.c
was recently updated.  The previous behaviour in the beta's and RC1/2 was
fairly tragic for us because we have largish mmap'ed files using NO_SYNC.
I updated one of our test boxes (5:30pm yesterday) from 10.0p9 to 10.1RC3
and looks good now.  When we tried the BETAs, disk activity sky rocketed
and performance dropped off a cliff.

 http://www.akips.com/gz/downloads/system-graphs-10.1-rc3-24h.html
 http://www.akips.com/gz/downloads/system-graphs-10.1-rc3-48h.html

Not sure why there was a drop in memory usage though, so we'll investigate
that.

	Paul.
--
Paul Koch | Founder, CEO