Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2014 11:38:47 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
Cc:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.1-RC1 Now Available --- lagg disables network inside jails

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Erich Dollansky
<erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 21:32:47 -0400
> Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> The first RC build of the 10.1-RELEASE release cycle is now available
>
> I installed this shortly after your e-mail came. The result was the
> same as with BETA3. If you remember, I have had the problem that the
> network inside jails stopped working after I installed BETA3. The
> upgrade to RC1 did not change anything.
>
> I took now the time to investigate a bit. The result is simple. All
> works as expected until lagg becomes enabled.
>
> If I remember right, BETA1 was my last working version.
>
> I have an em and an iwn interface in the machine. I can use both of them
> without any problems.
>
> As I can reproduce this problem 100%, it might be a good idea if I help
> you to find the source of the problem. My problem would be: how.
>
> If somebody could tell me where to start looking for the error, we
> might find it soon.

You'll need to identify where in the src caused the issue for you.  To
do this, you will need to identify where it was working (BETA1?).
You would then have to step thru the sources until you find the point
where it breaks.

The easiest way would be to take the svn revision that is half way
between BETA1 and BETA3, compile and install it and see if it works.
You keep halving the result until you identify the commit that broke
it.

Once the offending commit is identified, email the list.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.