Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:57:12 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Christian Lacunza <celacunza@gmx.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ok, where's fvm2rc go?

Christian Queried,

> hey ... i have a question.
>
> did the boot-time fsck create your lost+found directories,
> or were they pre-existing?

They were created automatically.  I don't know whether it was at boot
or previously, but the system did it.

> i ask because every time the power goes out around here,
> i get a couple cleared inodes, but i don't see any lost and
> found directories.

That's normal.  Generally it's just a matter of clearing them, without
having lostsomething.  My misadventures caused an overwrite, leading to
the lost files.

hawk

They were
--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail