Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 22:51:09 -0400
From:      "Adam" <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cant boot :(  (this one is readable; sorry)

One of my last panic's due to softupdates left my computer in a state where
it doesnt continue after / was improperly dismounted.  It just hangs at this
point :( I have a dpt0 so I cannot use a stock fixit.flp to try to go in
manually.. this happens with my kernel.old and singleuser too... a picobsd
disk with fsck and family and dpt0 support would be extremely appreciated or
any other help in getting back on my feet.  Thanks in advance..

Wasnt the dpt0 made standard recently in some branch? If so, I could
probably use a boot.flp and fixit.flp from it, and if I can get things happy
again with that I'll just have to install on another drive and hope I can
mount /usr and family.

ps. 1st item on my to-buy list is a backup solution.