Date:      17 Dec 2001 15:08:42 +0200
From:      Jussi Reissell <reissell@cc.helsinki.fi>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   autoconf confusion + a bonus quirk

There seems to be two versions of autoconf in the ports/devel tree:
autoconf and autoconf213. I have autoconf installed but the xpdf port
insists on autoconf213.

I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of having two versions of
autoconf especially since the distfiles seem to be the same.
Autoconf213  is merely made with a different switch. The semantics of
which I wasn't able to find out on a quick glance. So, how should I
resolve this little conflict and get xpdf up?

As for the promised bonus quirk: Make readmes dies on the makefile of
security/drweb_sendmail. (I don't have drweb_sendmail installed). It
dies on the test
.if ${SENDMAIL_VERSION} == "8.11.1"
in line 61. Initializing the SENDMAIL_VERSION variable to something
(anything) before the test
.if exists( ${WITH_DRWEBSMF_SENDMAIL_DIR} ...
on line 36 fixes this problem.

--
muuu.